Asbestos was widely used in bathrooms of homes built before 1990 asbestos sheeting was used because it was waterproof , strong and easy to work with. Our expert asbestos removal team removes a lot of Bathrooms that contain asbestos sheeting .
When working inside peoples homes you need to make sure you are using professional asbestos removal companies . It is highly unlikely that your bathroom renovation company possesses the expert skill and equipment and safety culture required to keep your family safe or specialized asbestos specific insurance .
So what should you expect on the day of your asbestos bathroom removal
- All jobs start with the paperwork and notifications are sent in to workplace health and safety 5 days in advance, unless there is urgent need like broken asbestos sheeting in a home.This happens a lot especially with DIY renovations.
- Once onsite we hold a safety meeting where we go over the job assign tasks to team members and plan the job. at this stage we make sure all electrical outlets have been terminated by a licensed electrician.
- Now we notify the neighbors to keep everybody informed of whats happening so we can keep everybody safe. And set up our signage and barricades.
- . Working inside peoples homes there is a need to isolate the work area to keep everybody safe . This is often done with double layers of 200 um plastic used as walls to close off doorways and hall ways
- Once the asbestos removal is underway its a simple task of getting the sheets off using the best methods to minimize breakage. We use best practices like full sheet removal and water misting to do this .
- Once the sheeting has been carefully removed next all the timber is denailed and decontaminated with our hazard rated asbestos vacuums.
- . After the decontamination process an encapsulation spray is applied to the frame.
- This is the stage where we have the job inspected and a clearance certificate is issued to confirm that it is now safe for you to reoccupy your home, and the next stage of the renovations can begin.
- All of the asbestos sheeting has been loaded into our trailer and is now ready to be transported to a registered waste facility .
This is just a quick guide to what you should expect on the day and it is just a guide . If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time . Or go to our new facebook group Asbestos Ask The Expert.