We are absolutely over the moon to announce that we have won our first award in recognition all the hard work we have all put in to make Coastal Asbestos the very best asbestos removal business in South East Queensland. The Gold Coast Business excellence award category we won was for best emerging business for September 2019 putting us inline for the Business of the year for our category and the overall business of the year.
The Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards launched in 1996 and in 2019 this year are celebrating our 24th year. During this time the Awards have grown to be recognised as the region’s most comprehensive and prestigious business awards scheme, offering specific and meaningful benefits to the wider Gold Coast business community.
The esteemed judging panel of has members from Griffith University, KPMG, Local Government Bond University and local business leaders. Other notable recipients include Terry Morris (Sirromet Wines ), Keith Williams (SeaWorld, Hamilton island developer ), John Longhurst ( Dreamworld), Gordon Merchant ( Billabong )
For the last 5 years we have set out to build the best asbestos removal company in South East Queensland and last week we got a little closer to achieving this. We have worked really hard to build systems into the business our mantra has been “ We are building the best asbestos removal business in Queensland “ A bold statement I know but it is the standard we are holding our selves to because nothing else is acceptable. The team has grown from just one person working part-time to a full team of 12 and growing all the time. It’s really rewarding for the whole team to get the recognition for all the behind the scenes work that goes on.
In the last 18 months, we have moved into our centrally located office in Bundall so we could have a place to grow our admin and managerial team. To give us a base for ongoing training and development. It has been a huge success for us allowing us to have the space to grow in a professional environment, while most of our competition is still working from home we have taken the next step to be able to deliver the very best for our clients and to have a central place for all of our staff to meet to improve the business .
Its not just the admin side that helps you win awards you have to be able to perform at a high level in the field our biggest project to date 230000 cubic meters of asbestos impacted soil remediation for the Instrument Landing System at Gold Coast Airport and the very technical asbestos pipe removal from a live sewage pump station for Gold Coast City Council were standouts both jobs took months in the planning so that we could deliver a safe, compliant project for our clients that was on time and budget . Its what we have become known for the tough and difficult jobs.
We look forward to keeping you updated with our success and really want to thank all staff and our customers for supporting our business so it can grow and become a household name on the Gold Coast.
Asbestos sheeting used in eaves linings is one place you can just about guarantee is in every single one of the homes built before its ban in Australia . Its one of the things that is a standard part of homes still built today although the asbestos has been removed from concrete sheeting ,the modern alternative is still the go to product for nearly all builders in Australia .
Over the years there have been a few different patterns in asbestos containing eaves sheets most notably the diamond shape hole pattern and the slotted eave sheet both designed the vent the eaves on a home . You may see new slotted sheets but the diamond pattern is almost always asbestos containing .Our team of asbestos removal experts can keep your family safe while performing asbestos eaves removal on your home.
So what should you expect on the day when we remove the asbestos eaves on your home ?
- Firstly there is the notification to workplace health and safety this is done electronically prior to the commencement of work at your place .
- Once onsite we hold a site meeting to ensure everybody is aware of what is to be done and by whom and the daily safety paperwork is completed .
- Next step is to erect our signage and mark out the work area and inform the neighbours .
- Eaves can be a really dirty job just imagine how old your place is and how much dust there is in the ceiling space in your home . We get a lot of house dust when we remove eaves . Its not to confused with asbestos dust .
- Laying down drop sheets to catch any small pieces of sheeting is crucial to ensuring no asbestos fragments are left on site. We always use water sprays and best practices to remove all sheets complete where possible but ,extra precautions are always necessary when working in gardens small pieces can be difficult to detect in shrubs.
- We slowly work our way around the home removing any timber strips first to make the job safer and to keep the sheets whole .
- Once the sheeting is removed the timbers are denailed and cleaned down then given the once over with our hazard rate vac before an encapsulation spray is applied to bind any fibers.
- Like all jobs after we double check everything next we have it inspected and a clearance certificate is issued.
- It’s time for us to pack up our asbestos transport trailer double wrap everything in two layers of 200 um plastic and clearly labeled ready for transport to a registered waste facility.