Does a commercial property you manage contain asbestos?
The workplace health and safety legislation “How to manage asbestos safely in the workplace 2011 “states that all work places built before 1990 in QLD and 2003 in all other states must have an “Asbestos register and management plan” this is mandatory and the fines are up to $25,000 these fines apply to building owners, managers and real estates that manage these properties.
We can safely harvest samples without contaminating the property. We only use NATA accredited labs. Same day results can be organised. The Asbestos Report you receive is a full colour report containing photos of where asbestos is likely to be in your home, and a budget estimate for the cost of the asbestos removal.
Protect your business
Real Estate Agents can ensure the safety of tenants and tradespeople on the property from the dangers of asbestos with a full inspection and report.
Get it Tested
Peace of Mind
Protect your landlords
Any home built before 1990 may contain asbestos. Don’t get caught out with extra costs in planned property renovations if asbestos need to be removed.
Who is responsible for asbestos in the workplace?
Coastal Asbestos Removal can take care of your compliance needs, including same day approvals. Asbestos can be found anywhere inside and outside a building. Many commercial buildings and homes may contain asbestos which are difficult to define and locate without expert inspection. WHS legislation requires you to have an Asbestos Register to indicate the presence and location of asbestos, as well as a Management Plan to ensure the safety of everyone in the workplace.
What is your responsibility
A person with management or control of a workplace must ensure asbestos is identified, with the location of asbestos clearly indicated and recorded in the workplace Asbestos Register as well as a written Management Plan.
Know what your insurance covers
Asbestos liability is most likely excluded from your professional indemnity, trade, or public liability insurance. We are covered with 20 million dollars insurance for removal, reporting, transport and advice. We take the risk for you.
What should a managing agent do?
If you are a managing agent of a property, it is crucial to have an asbestos register and management plan in place to protect anyone against the risk of deadly asbestos exposure on your property.
Are you unsure if there is asbestos in a commercial property you manage? Protect your business. Book in your asbestos inspection today!
Maintain compliance with a Asbestos
Register and Management Plan
As a person with management or control of a workplace, you must comply with WHS legislation by ensuring any asbestos at the workplace is identified. The location of asbestos must be clearly indicated and recorded in an up-to-date and readily accessible Asbestos Register. If asbestos is identified (or is likely to be present), a written Asbestos Management Plan must be in place for the workplace
What is the purpose of the asbestos register and management plan?
- It provides the location of all ACM’s in the building inside and outside
- All Asbestos and ACM locations must be clearly indicated on the Asbestos Register which is maintained regularly to be up-to-date and, readily accessible if required.
- ACMs may change due to usage, wear and damage over time in the building, the Asbestos Management Plan outlines the process and measures for safety.
- It provides the location of possible ACM’s in the building.
- Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) are difficult to define and identify without expert knowledge and experience. Any possible ACMs must be thoroughly located for WHS compliance.
- Sometimes test results are included to establish the presence of asbestos in the building materials used to construct the building.
- Asbestos register will ensure accuracy with laboratory testing of samples returning a 100% test result should any presences of Asbestos is detected in the materials.
Register and Management Plan
Be responsible and protect the safety of those on your property. Remain compliant with your Asbestos Register and Management Plan.
PROTECT YOUR LANDLORDS
Building owners are required to maintain an Asbestos Register and Management Plan to protect staff, tenants and tradesmen from asbestos.
AVOID A FINE
Managing agents have been fined for WHS non-compliance which can equal $100,000’s of dollars! Don’t get caught out.
KEEP YOUR STAFF INFORMED
We can provide a presentation in your workplace to keep all staff informed on their responsibilities when dealing with asbestos